Multi-Author List-Building Promotion FAQ
Here are some common questions authors ask about our multi-author list-building promotions. You can view our current schedule of list-building promotions here.
Q: What are list-builders?
Join our list-building promotions to grow your newsletter subscribers. These are GDPR compliant, fun, and inexpensive ways to reach new readers in your genre.
Q: How many reader emails should I expect from a list-building promotion?
A: While the numbers vary by contest, our current normal range is approximately 300 – 600 emails per author, with reported open rates of more than 50%.
Q: Why is this better than other list-building book giveaways or multi-author cross-promotions?
A: Here are a few reasons:
- Our promotions are hyper-targeted to readers in your niche.
- We aim to provide prizes only readers in your audience would want (e.g. books in your genre or sub-genre) — not gift cards or money.
- We don’t force readers to join author newsletters in order to participate. We invite them. They like that!
- We utilize a time-proven methodology for separating participants who are actually interested in the authors from those who just want to win a prize.
- We provide you with the tips and materials you need to make the promotion a success.
- Our customer support will rock your socks off.
Q: Can I participate if I don't currently have a newsletter?
A: Absolutely! Everyone has to start somewhere! Contact us via the form here, let us know how you interact with your readers, and we’ll get back to you asap.
Q: Will this directly increase my sales?
A: While we cannot guarantee sales, some authors have reported a direct increase in sales. The primary goal of the promotion is to help authors grow their email lists and build a fanbase of engaged readers to whom they can send offers in the future.